UCD Energy Institute Industry Affiliates Programme (IAP)
Membership of UCD Energy Institute Industry Affiliates Programme will bring industry and academia together to maximise opportunities to learn from ground-breaking research, to recruit top talent and to form strategic alliances.
We extend an invitation to all industries with deep interests in the optimisation, integration and deployment of low carbon energy to come a partner with us through our Industry Affiliates Programme (IAP).
The IAP is a gateway for launching and conducting frequent, open communication between participating academics, researchers, students and industry. An IAP member will have the following benefits, among others:
- Increase the awareness of academia to industry challenges
- Information on the latest state-of-the-art in the sector
- Exposure to wider UCD Research and Innovation ecosystem and expertise
- Invitations to meetings/workshops/symposia that can be an important
- source of CPD for employees
- Link to a worldwide collaborative network of leading-edge research teams and institutes
- Researchers and student recruitment opportunities
- Association with an internationally recognised research institute
- Promotion on UCD Energy Institute IAP webpage and logo showcased at relevant UCD Energy Institute events
To become a member of UCD Energy Institute IAP, there is an annual membership fee subscription. Payment of the membership fee will go towards the general support of UCD Energy Institute activity e.g. PhD stipend top-up, costs of events, symposia, publications and other related activity. An annual report is provided to all IAP members with an update on the progress of UCD EI to show how the membership fee is being used.
Companies have the opportunity to contribute funding to UCD Energy Institute, separate to IAP membership, to support a specific, targeted area of on-going research and development. The form of Industry-Academic Collaborations can vary greatly and the different options available can be viewed here